20% discount applied at checkout!!!
Gulveig, wife of Odin, was cast into the underworld three times, yet some how, each time she managed to escape. She was wa real trouble-maker. Her namesake is a 35.5" AT/MTB/Carver deck and is the first of it's kind in the integrated-deck style. It is a bamboo/fiberglass composite deck built from 5 layers of bamboo in the body, 3 long + 2 cross-cut. The 27.5mm deep compartment is made from an additonal 13 layers of veneer including 3 cross-cuts for added medial-lateral strength. It is stiff in the middle with snappy flex at the ends. The nose and tail have a 30 degree angle. The foot-bed is 25.5" from bend to bend.
The regular fiberglass reinforcement for Gulveig is 6 oz. The heavy-weight reinforcement uses 10 oz. Both use 4 oz fiberglass on top of the nose and tail.
The compartment lid is made from verticlal-cut bamboo reinforced with FR4 fiberglass sheet. The FR4 backing allows for binding installation on this deck. THe lid is fastened in four places using threaded inserts, and the same bolts used for common skate-hardware. Four grooves have been made in the back of the compartment to assist with motor installation along with two wire-passes in the center for battery connections.
The grip is made from recycled glass-grit set in epoxy-resin. Clear, mud-colored and black grip are available. The deck includes insets and bolts. !!!No additonal equiptment pictured is included!!!
The deck is available naked for people that would like to do the finish themselves, BUT it was designed as a bamboo/fiberglass composite deck and must be finished with the recommended amount of fiber-glass in order to perform as intended. !!!Decks sold unfinished will not be replaced if broken!!!
- Five-ply bamboo in the body of the deck (3 long + 2 cross-cut). Thirteen-ply for compartment (10 long + 3 cross-cut).
- Additonal layer of bamboo availabel for riders 200+lbs.
- Customizable fiberglass reinforcement on the base, nose and tail (Woven fabric + epoxy/resin).
- Water-tight, hand-contoured, integrated-lid made from verticle-cut bamboo backed with 1/8" FR4 fiberglass. Fastened at four points with brass insets and standard skate-hardware for easy removal.
- The 27.5mm deep compartment can hold a 12s4p 21700 battery pack.
- Three colors of grip are available.
- Eight colors of stain are available (201 colors availabel for special order!).
- Dimensions: 35.5" x 9.75" x 5.5"
- Twenty-five inches from bend to bend. The nose and tail are angled at 30 degrees.
- Weight (est.): 6.5 lbs fully finished