Named after the equine harbiger of death riden by the fourth horse-man of the apocolypes, The Pale-horse 41" long, 1 1/4" drop-deck is made for riders that bare the sign of the beast. It is a bamboo/fiberglass composite built from 5 layers of bamboo in the body, 3 long + 2 cross-cut. The one-inch deep compartment is made from an additonal 13 layers of veneer including 3 cross-cuts for added medial-lateral strength.
The regular fiberglass reinforcement for the drop deck is 8 oz across the bottom while the heavy-weight reinforcement uses 10 oz. Both use 6 oz fiberglass on top of the nose and tail.
The hand-contoured, compartment lid is made from verticlal-cut bamboo reinforced with FR4 fiber-glass sheet. It is securely fastened in four corners using threaded inserts, and the same bolts used for common skate-hardware. Four grooves have been made in the back of the compartment to assist with motor installation, as well as, two wire-passes in the center for battery connections.
The grip is made from recycled glass-grit set in epoxy-resin. Black grip is available with fiberglass. The deck includes insets and bolts. !!!No additonal equiptment pictured is included!!!
The deck is available naked for people that would like to do the finish themselves, BUT it was designed as a bamboo/fiberglass composite deck and must be finished with the recommended amount of fiber-glass in order to perform as intended. !!!Decks sold unfinished will not be replaced if broken!!!
Stain options are available for the bottom, nose and tail of the deck. The stain allows the grain for the bamboo to be seen and gives it depth. Under the fiberglass, it is very difficult to scratch.
- Five-ply bamboo in the body of the deck (3 long + 2 cross-cut). Thirteen-ply for the compartment (10 long + 3 cross-cut).
- Additonal layer of bamboo availabel for riders 200+lbs.
- Customizable fiberglass reinforcement on the base, nose and tail (Woven fabric + epoxy/resin).
- Water-tight, hand-contoured, integrated lid made from verticle-cut bamboo backed with 1/8" FR4 fiberglass. Fastened at four points with brass insets and standard skate-hardware for easy removal.
- The 27.5mm deep compartment can hold a 16s4p 21700 battery pack.
- Black grip made from glass grit embedded in epoxy is available.
- Eight colors of stain are available (201 colors availabel for special order!).
- Dimensions: 41" x 9.75" x 3.5"
- Twenty-eight inches from bend to bend.
- 1 1/4" drop
- Weight: 9 lbs fully finished
- Add an additional layer of bamboo if you wiegh over 200 lbs. or if you would like a particularly stiff and sturdy deck.
- Light-weight reinforcement will have some flex especially at the ends. Heavy-weight will stil have flex, but not very much.
- Heavy-weight reinforcement is recommended for off-road and dual king-pin builds.